Sunday 28 April 2013

Tasmania - Day 1 & 2

We are off on holidays! Loving it!!!

We flew in yesterday and walked around Launceston. We had a lovely dinner and then curled up in bed and snuggled and watched tv.

This morning we were up bright and early. We walked around the city and found a place for breakfast. We sat in the sun and had a cuppa and a toastie. We had an hour to kill, so we walked though the city park. We saw monkeys!!! Why there are Japanese monkeys in the Launceston park, I do not know, but it was cool. And we walked under the trees and played in the leaves (oh my goodness, how cool is autumn!). And you found a cannon and decided you needed to sit on it...

You are a crazy boy. Good thing I love you.

I went to church while you entertained yourself. And I'm glad I did. The children's ministry was about putting aside our own plans for our future and accepting that God has a plan that might be different and that plan is perfect. It was important for me to be reminded that what I want for my life and my time frames can be great as plans, but I am not in charge of that.

Then we drove out to Canarvon Gorge. We went on "the longest single span cable car" (totally overrated) and hiked up to the lookout. We had a snack in the park and checked out the peacocks. Then we walked back across the Alexandria Bridge - a gorgeous suspension bridge, which you insisted on jumping up and down on and swinging from side to side. I chose not to take a photo of the sign specifically banning these activities. I just accept that you will always get us in trouble.

We drove to the seaport and walked along the pier. Then we had an amazing lunch overlooking the water.

After we ate we drove north and stopped at some wineries. You were your normal grumpy self, mostly because I made you keep stopping to try wine and you had to drive so you couldn't drink. We hit three wineries, each quite different to each other, and then drove to Georgetown and Top Head.

At Top Head we stopped walked along the shore and got buffeted by winds coming across the Bass Strait. We stood at the lighthouse and hunted for fairy penguins (well, you wouldn't let me hunt so we peered off the cliff and looked for penguin like scurrying).

When we got back to the hotel, we ordered pizzas and curled in bed with a scotch and a cider and ate the yummiest pizzas.

I'm tired and sleeping and having a perfect day, and it is all because of you. Love you.

E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment